Looking for Whole Wheat Grain Suppliers?
Tandle Imports and Exports is your source for the finest certified organic, fresh – milled flour and whole grain.
Whole wheat grain trade is greater than for all other crops combined. India ranks 2nd as a producer in the world. The total area of wheat plantation is around 30 Million Hector. Country has exported 322790.14 MT of wheat during the year 2017-18.
There is a wide variety of wheat grown today. However, wheat is mainly classified as follows:
- Medium hard bread wheat : This is a standard mill quality wheat. Medium grain size and appearance, medium hard. Wheat flour is suitable for non-fermented flat Indian bread like chapati, naan and tandoori.
- Hard bread wheat : Bold and lustrous grain. It is suitable for a variety of fermented and non-fermented breads. The bread quality is high. Wheat flour used in making of bread, burgers, etc.
- Soft bread wheat : Yellowish/white grain, it is suitable for biscuit making, doughnut, cakes, cookies, pastries, etc.
- Durum wheat : Large and hard kernel, vitreous grain. It contains semolina, which is when mixed with water, forms a dough. This dough used in making of pasta, noodles, spaghetti, etc.
Heath Benefits :
- Wheat is a healthy food source of multiple nutrients and dietary fibre recommended for children and adults.
- Dietary fibre also help with a healthy weight.
- Wheat is source for natural and bio fortified nutrient supplement.